This weekend, members of the Canton Amateur Radio Club will again participate in the annual ARRL Field Day; however due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, some major modifications and restrictions will be in place at the event.
Some of the major changes for this year include:
- No more than 10 persons will be permitted on site at any one time, with a sign-in and sign-out log sheet in place for all attendees.
- All persons on the site must undergo a brief health check (a few quick questions, and a temperature screening) each time they arrive on site. This information will be logged on the sign-in sheet.
- No potluck or self-serve style food items will be served. All food must be commercially prepared and pre-wrapped/sealed. Attendee’s are also welcome to bring their own food for their own consumption only, and these items MUST NOT be left out for others. Water and soda will be available on site.
- All food / beverage storage (coolers) will be sanitized after each use by the person using it.
- Social distancing (6 foot rule) is encouraged at all times.
- All radios/computers/work surfaces at all of the operating positions must be wiped down/sanitized when changing operators.
- All attendee’s will be required to wear a mask, except when operating alone/with people they reside with.
- Extra masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and other cleaning products will be on site.
- All ARRL Field Day, FCC, CDC, ODH, and Stark Health Department regulations/guidelines will be followed at the site.
Because of the above restrictions, we regretfully are unable to invite non-licensed persons, or those from the general public to the site this year. Spouses/family of licensed persons are welcome to attend, while adhering to the above and other posted rules/restrictions.
In-person visits by elected officials/served agencies are being discouraged, and we have the capacity to move these to an “on-line” visit using Skype/Zoom/etc.
Setup will be held on Friday, June 26th starting at 5pm. The event will run from Saturday June 27th at approximately 10am through Sunday June 28th at approximately 5pm.
If you’d like to check the site’s capacity (10 person limit) before you arrive, you may do so by calling W8AL on our 2m repeater; or by calling us on the phone at (330) 452-1460. If you have any questions, or concerns over any of these changes; feel free to contact the club to discuss them.